Saturday, October 16, 2004
The Roots - 10/15/04

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to see The Roots in concert. It took place in Tuscaloosa, AL, as a part of the University of Alabama homecoming festivities (the festivities also included a bonfire, which was amazing in itself). It was a free show, so I decided to go along for the ride with my friends Rivers, Sean, Rollie, Britney, and Honoré.

I do not joke when I say that this was the best show that I have ever attended. The show was so unbelievable, I really don't know what to say or how to describe it. The high point for me was when they performed Break You Off, from their album Phrenology. The rap medley, with songs from Salt-n-Pepa and Usher was entertaining, as was their version of Black Betty. If you EVER have a chance to see this band, do so. You will not be disappointed.

chandler at 7:21 PM | |

Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com