Monday, February 28, 2005
Doves - Some Cities

Doves has done something that I wouldn't have expected them to do. They have recorded my favorite album of 2005 (so far): Some Cities. It gets better and better with each listen. I couldn't have sequenced the album any better than they already have (a big problem I have with albums today). The first single off of Some Cities, Black and White Town (lyrics), is a perfect way to get acquainted with the album. It's very bip-boppy, like many of their other songs. It's also a great precursor to the rest of the album, which necessarily isn't a departure from their old sound, but it definitely has evolved and developed into something I really, really like. It just seems more focused. If you go over to Matt's blog, you can download the entire thing. I have the single here for your downloading pleasure, if you YSI links died.

Black and White Town
Audio (Right click, save as)
Video (click)

chandler at 4:22 PM | |

Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com