Thursday, May 18, 2006
Consolation Prizes

A few days ago, my friend Rollie informed me that I neglected to frontsell the Phoenix song I played on our last show. Well, I decided it might be a good idea to post it here for all to enjoy, because he said he was his favorite song he had heard that show. The new album, It's Never Been Like That, is a really good pop record -- nothing more, nothing less. They stripped away the electronic sound that was present on Alphabetical, and avoided effortlessly skipping from genre to genre like they did on United, so it's mostly your run of the mill guitar/bass/drum combination. The first four or so tracks are spectacular.

Phoenix
- Consolation Prizes

chandler at 4:38 PM | |

Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com